Definition of spot-weld in English:
Join by welding at a number of separate points: the wire was spot-welded in place
More example sentences
- She planted the stack on the floor, casually but deliberately forcing it six inches into the ground, then repositioned the hood, spot-welding it to its support.
- Another approach is to take a thin-wall tube and just use a sleeve you slide over it and then spot-weld it in place before hydroforming.
- Gates should be of heavy construction, with hinge pins spot-welded to prevent easy removal.
noun(spot weld) Back to top
Each of the welds so made.
- But it's not like a spot weld - it is a surface weld.
- This system not only allows several welds to be done simultaneously, it also reduces weld time from three seconds for a conventional spot weld, to just half a second.
- The joints proved to be equal to spot welds in bending and rolling tests on the wheels.
- spot weldernoun
- spot welding noun
- Example sentences
- These are flash welding, high-frequency resistance welding, percussion welding, projection welding, resistance seam welding, resistance spot welding, and upset welding.
- Structural adhesives and rivets are gaining respect as suitable alternatives or supplements to conventional spot welding and screw fastening.
- He was last seen doing freelance spot welding in Detroit.
Definition of spot-weld in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.