Definition of spreader in English:
1A device used for spreading or scattering a substance over a wide area.
- They mix them with soil and distribute them with a device similar to a fertilizer spreader.
- Some producers are also having success with seeding legumes through dry fertilizer air spreaders, with cultipacking before and after the seed is broadcast.
- However, some 6-row combines have 10 tons on the front axle with a full grain tank and tricycle fertilizer spreaders may carry 14 tons on the rear axle.
1.1A person who spreads or disseminates something: children are major spreaders of influenza in schools
More example sentences
- Go to the trend spreaders and plant yourself intelligently on their radar.
- They also sought to tap into public discourse about hackers as copyright pirates, criminals, and spreaders of computer viruses.
- And yet another yes - I am the rumour-gatherer and spreader of my school.
Words that rhyme with spreaderbedder, cheddar, Edda, Enzedder, header, Kedah, shedder, shredder, tedder, threader, treader, Vedda
Definition of spreader in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.