- 1An electronic document in which data is arranged in the rows and columns of a grid and can be manipulated and used in calculations: we have a color-coded Excel spreadsheet of all of our trip expenses William spent most of the day updating the Risk Assessment spreadsheetMore example sentences
- When the changes had been made, I printed a off copy of the spreadsheet for Mr Simons.
- For the insurance claim, they had to compile exhaustive spreadsheets of their possessions, right down to how many white T-shirts were in a bureau drawer.
- Melissa has put together a spreadsheet of our favorite girl's names.
- 1.1A computer program used to create and manipulate spreadsheets.More example sentences
- Many students sent us graphs prepared with computer spreadsheet programs.
- Once prepared, the file can be transferred to and used on any computer with the spreadsheet program.
- The first step is to stop using word processors and spreadsheets to manipulate and organize information.
verb[no object] (usually as noun spreadsheeting) Back to top
- Use or create a spreadsheet.More example sentences
- I find my Pocket PC too small for browsing, or practical spreadsheeting compared to the Newton.
- You can find a brief introduction to the basics of spreadsheeting here.
- Want to learn about spreadsheeting and keeping your data in the one table?
More definitions of spreadsheetDefinition of spreadsheet in:
- The British & World English dictionary