adjective (sprightlier, sprightliest)
- (Especially of an old person) lively; full of energy: she was quite sprightly for her ageMore example sentences
- Felicity, ‘a spunky, spritely girl growing up in Virginia in 1774,’ visits a local plantation where there are clearly slaves; the issue never arises.
- Brian followed and greeted Michelle quietly while smiling at his spritely sister.
- A sprightly woman wrings her hands as if flirtatiously sizing up a fellow resident at the nursing home.
- More example sentences
- ‘But I'm 18, that's how old I feel,’ he says - and there is, to be sure, a sprightliness about him still.
- If I was known for my sprightliness on the field, it was because I gave everything to be fit and healthy.
- Yet it was their sprightliness in attack, their urgency in scampering forward, that characterised the early exchanges at Rugby Park.