Definition of spring beauty in English:
A spring-flowering succulent plant of the purslane family.
- Genus Claytonia, family Portulacaceae: several species, in particular the white- or pink-flowered C. virginica, found in moist woods in North America
- An entry the following spring simply listed the wildflowers she saw: ‘Anemones, carpet pinks, saxifrages, buttercup, spring beauty.’
- The roadsides sparkled with coreopsis, crimson clover, vetch, spring beauties, and other gem-like blooms.
- In early spring, the park is blanketed with wildflowers, including violets, may apples, spring beauties, and lady's slipper orchids.
Definition of spring beauty in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.