- another term for vernal equinox.More example sentences
- The autumnal equinox occurs in March in the Southern Hemisphere, and the spring equinox occurs in September.
- In ancient times the spring equinox marked the start of the New Year and festivities were held to honour the birth of new life and the new beginnings that lay in store.
- Christians began to use a complicated formula that places Easter on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox.
More definitions of spring equinoxDefinition of spring equinox in:
- The British & World English dictionary