Definition of springbok in English:
A gazelle with a characteristic habit of leaping (pronking) when disturbed, forming large herds on arid plains in southern Africa.
- Antidorcas marsupialis, family Bovidae
- Afterwards, I sit on my terrace and watch what may be kudus, springboks or oryxes amble to the water hole.
- We have impalas and springboks here at the zoo.
- Young springbok leap across our path during a canter through light sand dotted with grassy tufts.
Definition of springbok in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan