- 1A device that sprays water.More example sentences
- There was a water sprinkler to wash down the streets after the market.
- Irrigators are responsible for the costs of all on-farm irrigation equipment such as pipes and sprinklers.
- The main method of irrigation for peanuts is overhead sprinklers.
- 1.1A device used for watering lawns.More example sentences
- The kids from next door play ball in the street or ride on their skates and bikes, today they are playing under the sprinklers on their lawn.
- Gardeners, for example, have been encouraged to limit the use of fertilizers and pesticides and will be asked to show restraint with the lawn sprinklers.
- I remember sitting on the patio, with the French windows open and a sprinkler going on the lawn, and eating the Cornettos and feeling like this was the most amazing, decadent thing ever.
- 1.2An automatic fire extinguisher installed in the ceilings of a building.More example sentences
- He also admitted that Bedfordshire Fire Service had recommended sprinklers be used at the centre.
- The fire alarm deploys a curtain covering the paintings, and then activates the sprinklers.
- A senior fire officer in charge of the incident had ordered sprinklers at the premises to be turned off.
More definitions of sprinklerDefinition of sprinkler in:
- The British & World English dictionary