Definition of spurge in English:
A herbaceous plant or shrub with milky latex and very small typically greenish flowers. Many kinds are cultivated as ornamentals and some are of commercial importance.
- Genus Euphorbia, family Euphorbiaceae: numerous species
- ‘Wortflower’ and ‘wortgrass’ were local names for buttercup and petty spurge, plants that were believed to cure warts.
- Mrs. Robb's spurge is a delightful evergreen perennial that will flourish in deep dry shade.
- Leafy spurge, for example, is not a problematic weed in its Eurasian homeland.
Definition of spurge in:
- British & World English dictionary