Definition of spurge in English:
A herbaceous plant or shrub with milky latex and very small typically greenish flowers. Many kinds are cultivated as ornamentals and some are of commercial importance.
- Genus Euphorbia, family Euphorbiaceae: numerous species
- ‘Wortflower’ and ‘wortgrass’ were local names for buttercup and petty spurge, plants that were believed to cure warts.
- Mrs. Robb's spurge is a delightful evergreen perennial that will flourish in deep dry shade.
- Leafy spurge, for example, is not a problematic weed in its Eurasian homeland.
Words that rhyme with spurgeconverge, dirge, diverge, emerge, merge, purge, scourge, serge, splurge, submerge, surge, urge, verge
Definition of spurge in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan