- A unit of measurement relating to area.More example sentences
- I have only ever heard it used as a square measure.
- Existing Farming square measure is 1961.05 hectares; rice farming square measure is 1324.13 hectares.
- A square measure equal, in England and Scotland, usually to one fourth of an acre, or 40 square rods; in the Union of South Africa, to 17.07 square yards, or 14.28 square meters. 2
More definitions of square measureDefinition of square measure in:
- The British & World English dictionary