noun• informal , chiefly North American
- A loudspeaker, in particular one that is part of an intercom system.More example sentences
- When a few more people had shown up, and there were twenty-five people in line, the door greeter - he's there to stop you stealing things - called on the squawk box for ‘all cashiers to come to the front.'
- Some humorous fellow sent his voice over the squawk box in imitation of submarine noises and shouted, ‘Dive!’
- ‘Yeah, I'm up at base now,’ he announced into his squawk box as he surveyed the field of well-fortified tents.
More definitions of squawk boxDefinition of squawk box in:
- The British & World English dictionary