Definition of squeegee in English:
1A scraping implement with a rubber-edged blade set on a handle, typically used for cleaning windows.
- If we have a two-story house for instance, the windows and side walls will call for a squeegee with a long handle.
- He placed me in a basket as he grabbed a squeegee and proceeded to clean the windows on the tower.
- It comes with a squeegee handle with two interchangeable rubber blades for steam cleaning soapy residue off glass shower doors;
1.1A small roller or implement similar to a squeegee used especially in photography for squeezing water out of prints.
- If dry spots are noted, add water under the blanket with a small diameter hose or by using a roller squeegee to move the water around until the entire blanket has become translucent.
- Use 18-inch rollers or V-notch squeegees for epoxy primers.
- In either case, you will find it necessary to remove the print from the developer and squeegee it for the solarization exposure.
1.2 [usually as modifier] informal A person who cleans the windshield of a car stopped in traffic and then demands payment from the driver: squeegee guys at every corner the squeegees wait at busy intersections
More example sentences
- It also forbids squeegee kids from standing in roads and begging drivers for money.
- Approached by a squeegee merchant at a set of traffic lights, we let him quickly clean the (almost opaque) windscreen.
- Now let me tell you that the original person who reported this incident was not a squeegee boy, I am not a squeegee boy, and the person kidnapped/arrested was not a squeegee boy.
verb (squeegees, squeegeeing, squeegeed)[with object] Back to top
Clean or scrape (something) with a squeegee: squeegee the shower doors while the surfaces are still wet
More example sentences
- He applied paint - thick strokes and overlapping thinner washes - to bare canvas and squeegeed it around.
- But definitely by the time Larry Brown had finished his postgame whining, it was as clear as a freshly squeegeed backboard: Someone forgot to tell the Pacers that they're supposed to be honing their golf games by now.
- We began by sweeping, then squeegeeing the water to a small drain, but this was not the complete solution to our problem.
mid 19th century: from archaic squeege 'to press', strengthened form of squeeze.
Words that rhyme with squeegeeFiji, gee-gee
Definition of squeegee in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan