Definition of staggers in English:
plural noun[usually treated as singular]
1Any of several parasitic or acute deficiency diseases of farm animals characterized by staggering or loss of balance.
- It is particularly toxic to horses and can cause the blind staggers.
- She was so weak that she almost had the blind staggers and gentle enough now that I could lead her to water and picket her.
- These plants are poisonous to livestock, causing a toxic syndrome known as blind staggers.
1.1The inability to stand or walk steadily, especially as a result of giddiness.
- Started as low key reply to the classier Australian Business from the Packer empire, it has outlasted the competition, even if the circulation has got the staggers at the moment.
- And no less surprising, the Broncos have the staggers and will struggle to get beyond the semi finals next weekend.
- She wore perfume which would give the most hardened logician the staggers.
Definition of staggers in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia