- A permanent committee that meets regularly.More example sentences
- Twenty-four standing committees and consultative committees are being constituted to discuss budgetary grants for various departments before the House resumes the Budget session on August 16.
- Its standing committee meets on Friday to discuss the finer details of the mandate to its members, to fine-tune who and what will be included in the ban.
- Most standing committees are authorizing committees: They draft the substance of policies and oversee executive agencies' implementation of laws.
More definitions of standing committeeDefinition of standing committee in:
- The British & World English dictionary