(also standing eight count)
- A count of eight taken on a boxer who has not been knocked down but who appears temporarily unfit to continue fighting.More example sentences
- After taking the standing eight count, he was deposited on his backside by a right hook which turned his jaw around.
- The challenger did well to rise quickly but took a full standing count of eight from the referee.
- She took three standing eight counts in the first round.
More definitions of standing countDefinition of standing count in:
- The British & World English dictionary