- A person or thing of exceptional ability or high quality: standouts include the homemade ravioli and the pizzasMore example sentences
- Few singers have Bellamy's energy or vocal range, and standouts here include Screenager and their anthem, Muscle Museum.
- There were clearly standouts in terms of talent, natural ability, comfort in their bodies and natural rhythms.
- Other standouts include Eddie Kaye Thomas as the oddball Finch and, of course, Eugene Levy as Jim's ever intrusive father.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
- Exceptionally good: he became a standout quarterback in the NFLMore example sentences
- The Spartans were without standout quarterback Drew Stanton after he hurt his shoulder late in the first half.
- Bishop said that this bars any team with just one standout pitcher from garnering an unfair advantage over other clubs in the league.
- Three new standout players were added to the roster this season.
More definitions of standoutDefinition of standout in:
- The British & World English dictionary