- 1An attitude to or outlook on issues, typically arising from one’s circumstances or beliefs: she writes on religion from the standpoint of a believerMore example sentences
- In the chapters that follow we consider these issues from the standpoint of a variety of aspects of life in modern Britain.
- But the situation changes when the issue is examined from the standpoint of the economy as a whole.
- The real question, is it safe from the standpoint of public utilities to get back into the area?
- 1.1The position from which someone is able to view a scene or an object.More example sentences
- To view them from a central standpoint, one has to step over the actual paintings.