Definition of standstill agreement in English:
1An agreement between two countries in which a debt owed by one to the other is held in abeyance for a specified period.
- The extension follows a two-week standstill agreement Genuity signed with its banks in July.
- I accordingly approached the Dominions of India and Pakistan to enter into standstill agreement with my State.
- Australia is also opposed to any standstill agreement whereby Australia will not be able to change the existing regulatory framework.
1.1An agreement between a company and a bidder for the company in which the bidder agrees to buy no more shares for a specified period.
- The difficulty with a standstill agreement is that the proportion of the market that today's ‘new and emerging services’ will command tomorrow, cannot be known.
- He was never asked to draft a standstill agreement.
- Meanwhile O'Brien has refused to sign a standstill agreement which would require e-Island to withdraw for a specified period if the Eircom board rejected its bid.
Definition of standstill agreement in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan