- 1 Medicine short for staphylococcus.More example sentences
- Staphylococcus aureus or staph is a bacteria that occasionally causes deadly infections.
- Other normal inhabitants of the birth canal - staph, strep, diphtheroids, anaerobes, E. coli and Listeria - are other pathogens that may cause neonatal pneumonia.
- The illness usually starts with a localized staph skin infection, but the staph bacteria manufacture a toxin that affects skin all over the body.
- 2 Entomology short for staphylinid.
More definitions of staphDefinition of staph in:
- The British & World English dictionary