Definition of star apple in English:
An edible purple fruit with a star-shaped cross section.
- This is produced by the evergreen tropical American tree Chrysophyllum cainito (family Sapotaceae)
- Higher up there's dense green vegetation: tough para grass, mountain cactus, wild star apple, clusters of tree ferns and Christmas ferns.
- In April 2002 a party of nine chimpanzees was feeding in a tall Chrysophyllum gorungosanum tree (a species of star apple).
- An example is matrimony, which is a mixture of orange sections, star apples, or guavas in coconut cream with guava cheese melted over it.
Definition of star apple in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan