Definition of star apple in English:
An edible purple fruit with a star-shaped cross section.
- This is produced by the evergreen tropical American tree Chrysophyllum cainito (family Sapotaceae)
- Higher up there's dense green vegetation: tough para grass, mountain cactus, wild star apple, clusters of tree ferns and Christmas ferns.
- In April 2002 a party of nine chimpanzees was feeding in a tall Chrysophyllum gorungosanum tree (a species of star apple).
- An example is matrimony, which is a mixture of orange sections, star apples, or guavas in coconut cream with guava cheese melted over it.
Definition of star apple in:
- British & World English dictionary