Definition of star-studded in English:
1(Of the night sky) filled with stars.
- Streamers of wispy cloud trundled elegantly past the window as if they were clearing the screen so that our eyes could feast on our very own slice of clear star-studded sky.
- The sky was star-studded, dinner cruise boats were gliding by, there was a live band playing My Way and I was feeling good!
- Overhead, the Milky Way washed across a star-studded sky, while out to sea a perfect crescent moon rose in honour of the Turkish flag.
2 informal Featuring a number of famous people, especially actors or sports players: a star-studded cast
More example sentences
- And although it's a star-studded cast, the actors seem content to step back and make the characters take over.
- It has been reported that the Spanish club is eying up the England captain as an addition to its already star-studded line-up of players.
- As the Colorado Avalanche, the former Nordiques have one of the game's most star-studded line-ups and are a perennial power.
Definition of star-studded in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan