Definition of star-studded in English:
1(Of the night sky) filled with stars.
- Streamers of wispy cloud trundled elegantly past the window as if they were clearing the screen so that our eyes could feast on our very own slice of clear star-studded sky.
- The sky was star-studded, dinner cruise boats were gliding by, there was a live band playing My Way and I was feeling good!
- Overhead, the Milky Way washed across a star-studded sky, while out to sea a perfect crescent moon rose in honour of the Turkish flag.
2 informal Featuring a number of famous people, especially actors or sports players: a star-studded cast
More example sentences
- And although it's a star-studded cast, the actors seem content to step back and make the characters take over.
- It has been reported that the Spanish club is eying up the England captain as an addition to its already star-studded line-up of players.
- As the Colorado Avalanche, the former Nordiques have one of the game's most star-studded line-ups and are a perennial power.
Definition of star-studded in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.