- The side of a ship or aircraft that is on the right when one is facing forward. The opposite of port3.More example sentences
- There are a navigation station and a quarter berth aft along the port side, and galley aft on the starboard side.
- Two starboard lifts carry the aircraft from the hangar to the flight deck.
- The captain turned the ship to the starboard side, bracing the crew for the rapids and falls ahead.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Turn (a ship or its helm) to starboard.More example sentences
- The starboarding of the Cambridge in the circumstances of the case was wrong.
More definitions of starboardDefinition of starboard in:
- The British & World English dictionary