Definition of starflower in English:
A plant with starlike flowers, in particular.
- ● A small North American woodland plant (Trientalis borealis, family Primulaceae). ● A star-of-Bethlehem.
- Evening primrose oil and starflower oil supplements can help too.
- The small, lavender-blue pincushions of S. stellata, known as starflower, ripen into coral-like bronze seedheads, perfect for drying.
- Other plants that fit with the same disjunct pattern are clustered lady's slipper, white shooting-star, broadleaf starflower, evergreen violet, Henderson's sedge, and crinkle-awn fescue.
Definition of starflower in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan