- A pistol used to give the signal for the start of a race.More example sentences
- Motson, for instance, will now almost certainly be rethinking the wisdom of his decision to fire the starting pistol for the main race.
- And as soon as the starting pistol was fired readers raced to the telephone and email to put me in the picture.
- Police were today investigating after an Olympic starting pistol was thrown over a wall into Chelmsford Prison.
More definitions of starting pistolDefinition of starting pistol in:
- The British & World English dictionary