- A lawyer representing a state in court.More example sentences
- We're joined now by the Montgomery County's chief prosecutor, the state's attorney, Doug Gansler.
- Smith encouraged the state's attorneys to file their briefs in the appeals court quickly so the appeal can be settled.
- After his discharge, he served as an assistant U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Illinois and later was an assistant state's attorney for Cook County.
More definitions of state's attorneyDefinition of state's attorney in:
- The British & World English dictionary