Definition of state school in English:
1 another term for state university.
- I wanted my answer to talk about all the friends I'd made and how I'd learned at this small state school that I had a passion for journalism.
- He said lowered attendance could reduce state school aid by $6 million daily.
- TJ was going to state school as well, in case things didn't work out he could be close to home.
1.1British A school that is funded and controlled by the government and for which no fees are charged.
- The top state school was Colchester Royal Grammar School on 512.3 points per student.
- It is surely of little importance whether a college's students are drawn from a public school or a state school.
- It was a medium sized village with a public school and a state school.
Definition of state school in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India