adjective (statelier, stateliest)
- Having a dignified, unhurried, and grand manner; majestic in manner and appearance: a stately procession his tall and stately wifeMore example sentences
- The Cathedral itself was just as beautiful, in a more grand and stately manner.
- Before long, Hoffman found himself in the grand lobby of a stately mansion.
- They are released now by officials anxious to dispel the myth that bishops, some of whom still occupy grand palaces and stately castles, enjoy a life of luxury.
- More example sentences
- At a universal level both the Sun and Leo are associated with royalty, majesty, stateliness, dignity, and authority.
- It is wisdom we need in a leader more than stateliness.
- The queen has, in a way, always, curiously for the last 50 years, had to share her stateliness with her mother, the queen mother with all her magnetic powers of popular attraction.