- A length of cord used instead of a ripcord for opening a parachute, attached at one end to the aircraft and temporarily snapped to the parachute at the other.More example sentences
- ‘We insert by ram-air parachute from a static line at height and move across the sky to the drop zone, where we get ready to receive the battalion,’ he said.
- The static line deploys your parachute within 5 seconds of leaving the aircraft.
- We finally make it to our feet and clip our parachute static lines onto the anchor cable.
More definitions of static lineDefinition of static line in:
- The British & World English dictionary