- The maintenance of a ship’s proper position relative to others in a fleet.More example sentences
- Measures like these to reduce station-keeping multipliers could be applied only insofar as they did not leave the fleet with insufficient forces for war fighting.
- In the post-Cold War era, these station-keeping multipliers have been used extensively to justify Navy force levels.
- Large forces generated by perturbations during locomotion (e.g., recovering from a fall, predator avoidance, or station-keeping in high winds) may also utilize a greater proportion of geckos' adhesive capacity.
More definitions of stationkeepingDefinition of stationkeeping in:
- The British & World English dictionary