- An official in charge of a railroad station.More example sentences
- Fo grew up in a village on the shores of Lake Maggiore, near Italy's border with Switzerland, where his father worked as the railway stationmaster, clandestinely helping refugees escape from Italy's fascists.
- Outside mathematics he was the captain of the local Voluntary Fire Brigade and, more surprisingly, he assisted the stationmaster at the local railway station by closing the doors of the trains.
- Technicians and stationmasters at Sri Lankan Railway took 48-hour strike action a day earlier halting 90 percent of rail services over the same issue.
More definitions of stationmasterDefinition of stationmaster in:
- The British & World English dictionary