- A severe condition in which asthma attacks follow one another without pause.More example sentences
- Magnesium sulfate has been used for more than 50 years to treat status asthmaticus and severe acute asthma without specific guidelines.
- Leading causes of nontraumatic, noncardiac sports death are exertional hyperthermia, followed by exertional rhabdomyolysis and status asthmaticus.
- Treatment with aminophylline has been shown to improve oxygenation and reduce the incidence of intubation in children with severe status asthmaticus.
More definitions of status asthmaticusDefinition of status asthmaticus in:
- The British & World English dictionary