- A dangerous condition in which epileptic seizures follow one another without recovery of consciousness between them.More example sentences
- In most cases of alcohol withdrawal seizures, adding anticonvulsants to benzodiazepines is unnecessary, unless the patient develops status epilepticus.
- The first symptom of the disease in the majority of the patients was development of seizures, and 20% presented with status epilepticus.
- It has been postulated that mesial temporal sclerosis may be related to a complicated delivery, febrile convulsions during childhood, and status epilepticus.
More definitions of status epilepticusDefinition of status epilepticus in:
- The British & World English dictionary