- A book in which laws are written.More example sentences
- Consequently, compared to common law countries, civil law countries have weak judiciaries - and long statute books.
- For my part, I have seen those as issues of law which would be shown by reference to the statute books, rather than as issues to be included in the statement of facts.
- It does, of course, include many such rules and decisions and these can be found, paradigmatically, in statute books, judicial decisions and, of course, written constitutions.
More definitions of statute bookDefinition of statute book in:
- The British & World English dictionary