- A triangular fore-and-aft sail extended on a stay.More example sentences
- At sunset, we had 5 sails up in a vain attempt to catch what little wind there was - jib, stay, main, mizzen staysail and the mizzen.
- Once those were set, we set three staysails in the bow, and one staysail between each pair of masts.
- The new small staysails help to clean up the turbulent flow and improve the mainsail's efficiency.
More definitions of staysailDefinition of staysail in:
- The British & World English dictionary