Resolutely or dutifully firm and unwavering: steadfast loyalty
More example sentences
- As for the coronation of the new King, it stands firm, steadfast and unshaken.
- You've got to just hold steady and steadfast and unwavering in certain situations.
- The men ridicule him and laugh at him, but Wang Lung is steadfast in his resolution.
loyal, faithful, committed, devoted, dedicated, dependable, reliable, steady, true, constant, staunch, solid, trusty
firm, determined, resolute, relentless, implacable, single-minded;
unchanging, unwavering, unhesitating, unfaltering, unswerving, unyielding, unflinching, uncompromising
- Example sentences
- In a tribute, Lord Eden referred to Sir Julian's steadfastness, perseverance and loyalty as a constituency MP and parliamentarian, as well as his fearlessness in putting forward his own beliefs.
- The broken glass symbolises the broken faith, broken trust and shattered justice, our axe symbolises the steadfastness of our determination.
- His display of passion and intent, his steadfastness not swayed by a biscuit, soothes my own restless soul.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.