nounScottish & Northern English
- A farm and its buildings; a farmstead.More example sentences
- Scotland has a rich diversity of historic buildings, including castles, tower houses, crofts, steadings, Edwardian mansions and so on.
- Henderson works with developer Musto Properties which currently has an eight-room Victorian farmhouse in Harburn on the market and will be converting the adjacent farm steadings.
- The sea of raspberry fields that lap the farm steading at Threipland's old farm near Rait in Perthshire is a fast-receding memory.
More definitions of steadingDefinition of steading in:
- The British & World English dictionary