- Steak coated liberally with crushed peppercorns before cooking.More example sentences
- Lunch might be salade niçoise or chicken Riesling; dinner sautéed skate beurre noir, duck confit or steak au poivre. ‘The thing we could never afford to get wrong,’ Riad Nasr says, ‘was the French fries.
- This isn't your steak au poivre with five different peppercorns, or cream, or mustard, or anything else.
- But such a practice might be akin to dining on steak au poivre with no appetizer, dessert, or piping hot espresso, preferably taken at an outdoor café.
French, literally 'steak with pepper'.
More definitions of steak au poivreDefinition of steak au poivre in:
- The British & World English dictionary