Definition of steam bath in English:
1A room that is filled with hot steam for the purpose of cleaning and refreshing the body and for relaxation.
- What is fantastic about this health club is the placement of the sauna, Turkish steam bath, jacuzzi and showers all around the beautifully appointed relaxation room.
- We also added a sauna, a steam bath and double shower, and a sports-equipment storage room.
- The massage and Ayurveda centre has a steam bath, a Jacuzzi and, most importantly oil massages - all useful in de-stressing and relaxing.
1.1A session in a steam bath.
- In the morning, there's a sightseeing tour and the afternoon is free for haggling at the stalls or relaxing in a hammam steam bath.
- When you take a 20-minute sauna or steam bath, your body temperature rises to about 104 degrees, and you sweat out one pound of water.
- These are self-applied and absorbed into the skin via a eucalyptus oil-infused steam bath, then washed off with warm ‘rain’ which falls from nozzles in the ceiling.
Definition of steam bath in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.