- Distillation of a liquid in a current of steam, used especially to purify liquids that are not very volatile and are immiscible with water.More example sentences
- Due to their relatively high boiling points, essential oils are usually obtained by steam distillation or co-distillation with water.
- In flavor production, chemists use steam distillation in preparative and analytical chemistry.
- The foundations for garlic research were arguably laid by German chemists, Theodor Wertheim and F.W. Semmler, who discovered volatile sulfur compounds through steam distillation.
More definitions of steam distillationDefinition of steam distillation in:
- The British & World English dictionary