- A large steam-powered hammer used in forging.More example sentences
- If they had been made in the second half of the 19th century they would have been shaped by compression, perhaps using a steam hammer.
- But by the dawn of the twentieth century, advertisers' new, bolder methods meant that ‘like the Nasmuth steam hammer, advertising can be used with crushing, irresistible force’.
- A six and 10 fours came from him, some of them remarkable as respectable deliveries outside off - stump were whipped through the on-side with a right hand biffing in like a steam hammer.
More definitions of steam hammerDefinition of steam hammer in:
- The British & World English dictionary