- A unit of volume equal to one cubic meter.More example sentences
- According to the current national standard in the United States, the stere is not to be used.
- China's comprehensive timber utilization percentage is expected to exceed 65 percent in 2010 from the current 60 percent, which will save 40 to 50 million steres of timber annually.
- It has 354.8 billion steres in surface water resources, 13.5 percent of the nation's total, and 330 billion steres in glacial water resources.
late 18th century: from French stère, from Greek stereos 'solid'.
More definitions of stereDefinition of stere in:
- The British & World English dictionary