Definition of stereo in English:
noun (plural stereos)
1Sound that is directed through two or more speakers so that it seems to surround the listener and to come from more than one source; stereophonic sound.
- Audio is unimpressive stereo, sounding a bit muffled and hollow.
- That fine picture may also be accompanied by stunning surround-sound stereo.
- Sound is early stereo - okay, but nothing to write home about.
1.1A sound system, typically including a CD, tape, or record player, that has two or more speakers and produces stereo sound.
- Portable stereos were blasting and beers being downed as people milled around watching the artists at work.
- When you steal my car stereo, I can no longer enjoy it.
- You would also think that making it legal to steal car stereos would maximize the amount of theft.
adjectiveBack to top
1 short for stereophonic. stereo equipment stereo sound
More example sentences
- The room wasn't built for a huge entertainment center with surround sound and stereo equipment.
- The audio comes in a stereo mix, which sounds fairly hollow.
- Two stereo surround sound mixes, both in English, are offered here.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.