A technique or process for creating three-dimensional objects, in which a computer-controlled moving laser beam is used to build up the required structure, layer by layer, from a liquid polymer that hardens on contact with laser light.
More example sentences
- The model is built using a high-tech process called laser stereolithography and allows surgeons to plan operations better.
- Since the invention of stereolithography in the mid-1980s and of the World Wide Web in the mid-1990s, much has been made of their revolutionary potential.
- Having assessed how much bone needs to be removed, the scientists use stereolithography to make the individual implants.
- More example sentences
- A stereolithographic method of fabricating the collars is disclosed.
- Features of the carapaces of four morphologically distinct species of boxfishes were measured, and anatomically-exact stereolithographic models of the boxfishes were constructed.
- The present invention relates to a stereolithographic process for the preparation of three-dimensional objects.
More definitions of stereolithographyDefinition of stereolithography in:
- The British & World English dictionary