Definition of stereopsis in English:
The perception of depth produced by the reception in the brain of visual stimuli from both eyes in combination; binocular vision.
- This skill, called stereopsis or stereoscopic vision, is a wonderful example of inverse optics.
- The athletes were tested for visual acuity, refractive error, oculomotor skills, stereopsis, color vision, contrast sensitivity, eye-hand coordination, eye-foot coordination, and overall ocular health.
- He hypothesized that basal primates were visually directed predators of fauna on slender branches, a milieu that favored a wide field of stereopsis and clawless, prehensile hands for visually tracking and grasping prey.
- Example sentences
- Stereograms, stereoscopic, stereographic views and easy stereoptic viewing methods and instructions are on this and the following pages of unique images.
- But this interesting stereoptic phenomenon would in any case have little enough to do with the respective quality of the two texts.
- Thereby, the image observed is slightly displaced to provide the stereoptic effect.
Definition of stereopsis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan