- A slide projector that combines two images to create a three-dimensional effect, or makes one image dissolve into another.More example sentences
- These two men represent diversity rampant, united only by their gender and individuality of vision, like a mismatched stereopticon instead of duplicate images, right and left.
- What we ‘see’ in a stereopticon is neither of the images at which we are actually looking.
- Instead he encountered a stereopticon that presented a type of slide show of Italy, ‘dancing girls and all.’
mid 19th century: from stereo- 'three-dimensional' + Greek optikon, neuter of optikos 'relating to vision'.
More definitions of stereopticonDefinition of stereopticon in:
- The British & World English dictionary