(also stereotaxy /ˈsterēəˌtaksē, ˈstir-/)
- The use of stereotactic instruments or devices in surgery or research.More example sentences
- The patient underwent a right frontal craniotomy with transfrontal resection of the lesion using wand frameless stereotaxy.
- Neurosurgeons long have used image guidance systems, such as fluoroscopy, ultrasound, and, more recently, three-dimensional stereotaxy, to achieve maximum resection while preserving normal brain tissue and function.
- In neurosurgery, how ever, equally important have been advances in stereotaxy and image guidance.
late 19th century: from stereo- 'three-dimensional' + Greek taxis 'orientation'.
More definitions of stereotaxisDefinition of stereotaxis in:
- The British & World English dictionary