- The persistent repetition of an act, especially by an animal, for no obvious purpose.More example sentences
- However, recent studies on a wide variety of amphibian species have revealed great diversity in feeding mechanics and kinematics, and illustrate that stereotypy is the exception rather than the rule in amphibian feeding.
- Much evolutionary diversification of feeding mechanics and motor control has occurred and it is likely that stereotypy is a derived feature of amphibian feeding.
- As seen in toads, stereotypy may indicate that proprioceptive or reflex feedback is needed to control a particular biomechanical system.
More definitions of stereotypyDefinition of stereotypy in:
- The British & World English dictionary