- Of or relating to the sternum: the sternal area sternal musclesMore example sentences
- This muscle arises from the sternum and sternal end of the clavicle, and may insert into the fascia of the dorsal scapular region as well as into those areas cited above.
- Additionally, the omentum was mobilized and positioned between the left ventricle and the lung before sternal closure.
- The final phase of this procedure is to perform an oblique incision along the anterior border of the sternal colloid mastoid muscle down to the super sternal notch.
More definitions of sternalDefinition of sternal in:
- The British & World English dictionary