- another term for sternocleidomastoid.More example sentences
- He was the first to excise the mandible in a case of jaw tumor and treat torticollis by subcutaneous section of the sternomastoid muscle.
- Examination reveals a rubbery, nontender mass at the level of the carotid bifurcation, along the anterior border of the sternomastoid, more mobile laterally than vertically.
- ‘Functional’ neck dissections, modified to preserve the jugular, sternomastoid, or accessory nerve while ensuring complete removal of involved nodes, have gained popularity.
More definitions of sternomastoidDefinition of sternomastoid in:
- The British & World English dictionary