- The flooring planks in a boat’s after section, or the seating in this section of an open boat.More example sentences
- The officer in the sternsheets shouts up to the quarterdeck the news that Arnold is expecting.
- Note the notches in the sternhook to receive the inwales, and that the sternsheets are notched over the ribs.
- Captain Ahab, with his leg miraculously intact for this voyage, was standing imperiously by the sternsheets barking out orders to his crew.
More definitions of sternsheetsDefinition of sternsheets in:
- The British & World English dictionary